This smoothie parfait has EVERYTHING.
Tons of greens, spirulina, lemon, pineapple, mango, berries, coconut chia pudding, I mean damn. Each layer packs a punch:
Green-Digestive health: Lemons, pineapple, greens...this combination of acidic and citrusy fruits and fibrous greens are perfect for clearing out the gut. Everyday should begin with a smoothie similar to this green concoction. It is actually best to allow smoothies such as this top layer to be digested for about 30 minutes, for max results. I like to think of it as having a kind of "Draino" effect throughout my gut, and often have this smoothie 30 min-1 hour before eating anything in the morning. But as a weekend treat, I mix flavors, because it's all good stuff in the end.
Red-Antioxidant Power: Berries. Enough said. The darker the berry, the more free-radical fighting power. And no, antioxidants are not a health fad. Consuming antioxidants and naturally producing them in your body is absolutely critical to staying disease free, and the key to longevity and sustained optimal health.
White-The Good Fats: Coconut milk and oil is revered for it's contribution to the production of Butyric Acid (BTA), which is crucial for optimal brain function, amongst a hundred other health benefits. But for clarity of mind to begin the day, this is a must. Let alone the activated chia seeds within it! packed with protein and so much more, this layer is used to maximize the absorption of nutrients from the other layers, as well as provide necessary fats and protein.
Power Smoothie Parfait Ingredients:
1/2 cup pineapple
1/2 cup frozen mango
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup spinach
1 tsp spirulina
2 tbsp water
1 cup frozen triple berry mix (blueberry, raspberry, blackberry)
2 tbsp water
1/3 cup of chia seeds
1 cup whole coconut milk
1. Layer the parfait starting with white layer, then red, then green. Eating in this order will maximize nutrient intake.
2. pour chia seeds into coconut milk in a separate cup and stir. allow to set for 10 minutes.
3. create berry layer while waiting: blend red layer ingredients in a high power blender until smooth.
4. Spoon desired amount of white layer into your cup.
5. Pour red layer on top of white layer
6. Rinse blender and blend green layer ingredients in high power blender until smooth. pour on top.